The Summer Institute in Character Education is a five day immersion in character education with three primary goals: learning about the fundamentals of effective character education; team building and experiential learning; and, action planning for the upcoming school year. It is designed for character education leadership teams from schools to spend a week together learning about character education in general and as it applies specifically to their schools.
Here are some key facts:
- This is designed as a one week immersion in character education for teams from schools (however, we invariably have a few solos).
- The goals are (1) immersion in character education, (2) team building, and (3) action planning for the upcoming school year.
- Facilitators are Dr. Marvin W. Berkowitz and Dr. Amy Johnston.
- It is highly interactive. We only accept 30 participants so this can remain a productive, enjoyable, and interactive learning experience.
- $399 per person; Reduced rate of $299 for (1) early bird (prior to March 16) or (2) when groups of three or more from the same school register together.
- Graduate credit options are available.
- NOTE: Space is limited. The first 30 paid registrants will be confirmed.
- When: June 10-14, 2019, 9AM to 4PM.
- Where: UMSL South Campus, Des Lee Technology and Learning Center (click here for directions) to the "TLC" Boeing Room.
- Register now: Summer Institute in Character Education subscription form